Saturday, July 5, 2014

A Radio Interview



Recently I was interviewed about my writing for the radio show The Word on the Hills on Northumberland 89.7 FM.

Here is the link where you can hear me chatting with Felicity Sidnell-Reid and Gwynn Scheltema, co-hosts of the program.

http://wordonthehills.com/2014/06/12/peggy-dymond-leavey-2/

The interview is in two parts, each lasting about 10 minutes. They conclude with a short reading from Mary Pickford and Growing Up Ivy,  two of my books.

In the first section we talk about the benefits of belonging to writers' organizations, my love of researching the subjects for the biographies, and what influences my writing choices.

Part 2 deals with writing for children and the place reading had in my early years. Doesn't everyone love to talk about their favourite books? It's surprising how many of us writers were influenced by the same great books.





2 comments:

Jennifer Martin said...

I love reading about your thoughts and am always reminded of the importance reading had in our lives as children. Can we instill this love in our own families without sounding pedantic?

Peggy Dymond Leavey said...

Our families are living in a very different world from the one we grew up in. I think the best way for them to learn the importance of reading is to see how much pleasure we get from it. Remember how excited Mom was to share what she was currently reading? I find myself doing the same thing.